The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is responsible for promoting Australian trade, investment, and education to the world. We help Australian businesses grow by linking them to global export opportunities; we attract international investment to help Australia reach its economic potential; and we promote Australia's leading-edge education services to the world to help drive growth within this sector. Our tourism policy and programs also help to build a thriving tourism industry.
With employees working in over 80 offices around the world, we are a globally focused and inclusive employer who invests in our people. See if we are the type of organisation you want to work for by finding out more about us on our website.
This position, located in Shanghai, closely working with Austrade’s Greater China Food & Beverage Team and East China networks, plays a key role in identifying, developing and promoting business opportunities for Australian companies as well as attracting investment to Australia. The East China region is comprised of municipality Shanghai and provinces of Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang, Hubei and Jiangxi.
- Provide the Trade Commissioner/Senior Trade Commissioner with analysis and insights into export and outward investment opportunities for Australian companies, particularly related to Food & Beverage sectors.
- Work proactively as part of an Austrade team to contribute to the development and delivery of the Business Plan and achievement of team and individual activities and outcomes.
- Implement Austrade’s market strategies across applicable industry sectors, including managing relevant initiatives and business-matching activities and delivery of presentations to target audiences.
- Identify industry and regional trends, assess their impact on trade and investment opportunities and provide insight into the development of trade and investment strategies for Australia.
- Manage a client portfolio across Food&Beverage related industry sectors, providing services on market research analysis and potential partner identification to assist Australian businesses with market entry or market expansion.
- Develop and maintain productive business networks–including local government and industry associations, other Australian government agencies, State government representation in-market, Australian industry allies as well as professional service providers, etc.
- Actively apply Austrade business practices and maintain accuracy of information in all Austrade Business Systems to deliver accurate and timely reporting and effective relationship management.
- Maintain Austrade standards and policies, including diversity in the workplace, ethical practice and compliance with audit requirements.
- Work collaboratively with in the Austrade network to contribute to service delivery and achieve desired outcomes, while upholding the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct and Work Health & Safety (WHS) principles.
To be eligible for consideration and appointment you must have:
- Work Authorisation - to be eligible for employment with Austrade in China, candidates must belegally authorised to live and work in China at the time of appointment.
- Language Proficiency - the successful candidate must be a highly motivated team member,fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
- Security - the successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack andbe confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources, prior to commencement in therole.
- Qualification – the successful candidate will have a relevant Bachelor level tertiary qualification.
For assistance with the online recruitment system please contact the Corporate Support Team on+61 (2) 9392 2222.
Applications will only be considered when submitted through Austrade’s online recruitment system. All applications received before the closing date will be reviewed, however, the selection panel holds complete discretion to close a position prior to the listed closing date if deemed necessary. The selection panel also has the discretion to consider further applications after the closing date.
Application closing date
Applications close 11:30 pm, Sunday 13 March 2022 (UTC+8).
How to apply?
To begin the application , please click here to continue.