The University of Sydney Centre in China is recruiting a Marketing and Communications Manager
The University of Sydney Centre in China is recruiting a Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Marketing and Communications Manager role has a broad scope to drive the marketing and communications needs of the Centre in China and to support the University of Sydney China marketing and communication requirements. The Manager is responsible for the Centre’s total digital presence, will be expected to remain up to date with emerging developments in China’s social media landscape and also manage some traditional media needs for the Centre and University. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese. The role is based in Suzhou.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Digital Platform and Content Management
- Manage and coordinate the Centre in China’s social media presence, including WeChat OA, mini programs, Weibo and the Centre’s website.
- Work with the University of Sydney colleagues and external services providers to develop and support the implementation of the University’s social media strategy and emerging needs.
- Support the China activities of University faculties, schools, and centres with effective promotion and communication strategies.
Provide timely advice on emerging trends and practices in the Chinese social media landscape in support of the Centre’s social media objectives. Monitor topics and content of relevance to the Centre and University for opportunities and risks. Translate University content from English to Chinese.
2. Promotion of the University of Sydney Centre in China
Develop a strategic digital communication plan for the Sydney Centre in China in collaboration with the Executive Director and the University of Sydney Marketing and Communications staff. Promote the Centre externally and to the University of Sydney community. Work closely with colleagues to develop and create marketing communications materials that raise the profile of the Centre, including printed collateral, web content and videos. Act as photo/videographer and editor for the Centre’s platforms as required.
3. Media co-ordination
In collaboration with the University media team, draft media releases and liaise with local, national and international media agencies. Co-ordinate interviews between the media and members of the University executive, the Executive Director and facilitate media interviews for visiting academics. Establish key working relationships with journalists, writers and specialist reporters in TV, print, radio and online environments to ensure optimal coverage for the Centre and University. Monitor Chinese and Australian media and advise on media opportunities and risks. Develop and maintain a database of media contacts.
4. Project Management
Manage the development of new or the enhancement of existing social media platforms in support of the Centre’s strategic objectives. Coordinate with internal and external service providers for the delivery of marketing and communications content, campaigns and projects.
Analyse and report on changes to Chinese laws, regulations and policies which may impact on the University and Centre’s marketing and communications and media strategy implementation. Provide periodic reports on the performance of the Centre’s marketing and communications activity.
6. Undertakes ad-hoc projects and other activities
- Undertakes other projects and activities as directed by the Executive Director to support the operations of the Centre.
- University degree, preferably postgraduate, in media, marketing, communications or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working in the Chinese social media landscape with evidence of impact.
- Experience in preparing high-quality promotional material.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively in both English and Chinese.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Problem solving skills, ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and prioritise workload during busy periods.
- Experience in writing media releases.
- Experience in developing and maintaining productive relationships with domestic, local and international media.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
Please e-mail your Selection Criteria, Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you encounter any problems, please call +86 512 6298 1900.
Applications close: Sunday, 7 March 2021
Note: Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We will respond to the applicants of interest within a period of two weeks from the closing date. If you are not requested to attend an interview, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Clickhere to learn more.