Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ)
Posted on 28 November
Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) is the Queensland Government’s dedicated global business agency. Through TIQ, the Queensland Government has one of Australia’s largest international networks of 16 trade and investment offices in 12 markets. Led by Trade and Investment Commissioners, the offices are a vital connection between international investors and business opportunities in Queensland. TIQ also has a regional Queensland presence across eight locations which work closely with other Queensland Government regional networks to assist firms with export advisory services and investment facilitation.
TIQ is a statutory body governed by a Board under the Trade and Investment Queensland Act 2013.
For further information on TIQ please visit our website at: https://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/.
About the role
Reporting to the Queensland Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner – China, you will manage the investment interests of Queensland in the China market through the identification, promotion and facilitation of foreign direct investment (FDI) opportunities. You will be a senior member of the China investment team which works closely with the Global Investment Commissioner based in Brisbane to implement TIQ strategic initiatives and projects, and deliver on organisational performance (KPI) targets.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Advance Queensland’s strengths as a highly attractive destination for investors.
- Manage TIQ’s investment business and interact with the Chinese investment community and with the Chinese Government.
- You will represent TIQ in a range of high-level corporate and government settings across the China market.
- You will build strategies for engagement and assist Queensland organisations to access opportunities across China.
- Initiate and manage investment activities in the China market.
- Guide and support Queensland companies to pursue opportunities in China including providing market intelligence, business leads, advice, introductions, vetting of partners and assessing opportunities.
- Provide after care to major investors in Queensland and target new additional major investors into key industry sectors.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with stakeholder groups across the region and provide strategic advice on investment issues and opportunities for Queensland in China.
- Work closely with, and support, Queensland agencies, industry groups and research and policy groups that are seeking to co-operate with counterpart organisations in China including through co-operation agreements.
- Provide accurate and timely market intelligence and strategic advice to Queensland agencies, companies and industries about economic development and the business situation in China.
- Work with the Commissioner to mentor and develop members of the China investment team as directed by the Commissioner.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following key capabilities that link to the “key responsibilities and accountabilities” for this role:
- Thinks strategically and brings sound commercial acumen, an understanding of government and the credibility to contribute substantially to international investment activities
- Demonstrates a deep familiarity with China and other key markets in the region and Australia, ideally with 10+ years investment experience
- Encourages creativity and innovation and demonstrates detailed knowledge of the investment sector
- Demonstrates clear and concise, cross-cultural written and verbal communication skills to accurately report progress and performance
- Provides advice to stakeholders that is rigorously considered and supported by a clear rationale
High-level written and spoken English language is essential
Written and spoken Chinese language skills are essential
For further information, or to apply: