Training: Strategic Thinking in Digital Disruption Age (VUCA Environment)
Objectives and Content
Most organisations go through some form of strategic planning cycles. Essentially, this may involve two broad phases: the formulation and the execution. As strategy reflects the collective wisdom of the organisation, it is imperative that it is designed and executed well. It is expected that participants to this Workshop are highly engaged and interactive as “strategy is dead” without active dialogue and sharing of experiences. Business cases of real digital disruption companies happening within China versus EU & USA will be discussed in classroom.
Why Join This Training?
This two-day Strategic Thinking Program provides a comprehensive approach to strategy concepts, its implications on management teams and the aftermath of strategy formulation – strategy execution. The Program is not meant to be an academic discourse on strategy but adopts a practical and applications-oriented approach to address strategy issues at the management team level. The Program will be conducted on a 1 + 1 basis where participants will attend first the workshop, then complete a project within 2 months and follow by personal coaching 1 on 1 basis. Essentially, the ultimate intention of this Program is to enhance the strategic thinking capability of participants through their grasp of strategy development and deployment.
- What is Strategic Thinking Vs. Strategic Planning
- Core Competency Behaviors for Strategic Thinking
- How to articulate strategy, clarify both long term and short term objectives
- Type of Strategic Thinking:
- BCG Matrix, McKinsey 7S Framework, SWOT, Porter Five Forces, "Vision, Alignment & Execution" model, etc.
- Day 1 Assignment of a real company business case to be deliver next day 2.
- Strategy Execution: How to make action learning plan aligning with Strategy
- Strategy Stimulation Game: Experiential Activity linking to learning
- Change Management: How to cope in Change cycle with Strategic Thinking
- Change Leadership: How to use Strategic thinking in Change Leadership situation
- Matching individual action plan to Strategy Change Situation
- Advance Strategic Processes like "OutThinker" Process will be shared
- Business Cases on Digital Disruption (Technological advances)
Trainer: Andy WONG
Andy Wong holds a Masters Degree from the University of Chicago. His work experience over 25 years includes Multinational companies, Small Medium Enterprise; multinational and technological companies such as Ashland, Inc, Air Product & Chemicals, etc. Andy has assumed leadership roles such as Technical Manager, Business Unit Director, General Manager for a joint venture, and Learning and Development Director. He set up the first Ashland University in 2000, a leading master trainer/ facilitator when the Ashland Corporate University (ACU) started its operation in Greater China and Taiwan. Andy’ consulting, facilitations and training experience includes a broad coverage, ranging from Assessment Centers, Leadership Development, HR Practices and Organisations & Personal Development. He has trained and assessed more than 10,000 people from over 200 organisations in China. Andy is accredited with Master Trainer for Wiley Everything DiSC Accreditation programs, Facet5 Personality Assessments, HRO OD-TOOLS Fit-In & MQ Assessments, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Belbin Team Role, MBTI, etc.
To join this training session contact Connie Zhang.
Fee includes lectures, course materials and lunch.